This 232-hour course includes lecture, lab and clinical training which will prepare a student for Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) through National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
- Anatomy and physiology related to phlebotomy
- Medical terminology related to phlebotomy
- Professionalism and medical law & ethics
- Universal precautions and bloodborne pathogens
- Venipuncture/skin puncture skills and competencies
- Understanding the medical laboratory
- Additional specimen collection and testing (urinalysis, hemoccult, throat cultures)
Successful completion of the program qualifies you to sit for the Registered Phlebotomy Technician Certification (CPT) through National Healthcareer Association (NHA). Students will receive their CPR and First Aid Certifications through American Safety and Health Institute (ASHI.)
Phlebotomists work in a variety of settings including hospitals, doctor's offices, labs, and blood banks.
Click here for more information about a career as a Phlebotomist.
Click here to see current job openings for Phlebotomists
Phlebotomy Training Flyer